Most of us are familiar with the role of a manager and that of a leader. We also know the functions each is expected to perform. However, there is a trend in the UK that puts managers in a different r
Most of us are familiar with the role of a manager and that of a leader. We also know the functions each is expected to perform. However, there is a trend in the UK that puts managers in a different role. This trend is manager as coach (MAC) and will be the focus of this assignment. Before beginning the tasks, please read the following article:
Ladyshewsky, R. K. (2010). The manager as coach as a driver of organizational development. Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 31(4), 292-306. doi: 10.1108/01437731011043320 (Link https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy.trident.edu/docview/367126977/fulltextPDF/F0E4AD6A913D4A7DPQ/1?accountid=28844)
Homework Case Assignment
In a 3-page paper, answer the following questions:
- What is meant by the term manager as coach (MAC)?
- Is this role more appropriate for a leader or manager?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages regarding MAC?
- How does it fit with the other roles of a manager and leader?
- Would this be an effective tool in a health care setting as a leader? Why or why not?
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your responses to each question.
- Support your case with peer-reviewed articles, using at least 3 references. Use the following source for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/