DISCUSSION TOPICLENGTH 3/4TH OF A PAGEWeek 6: Environmental Health (graded)This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcome (CO).CO6: Utilize a systems-based and collaborative approach
LENGTH 3/4TH OF A PAGE
Week 6: Environmental Health (graded)
This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcome (CO).
- CO6: Utilize a systems-based and collaborative approach to address factors that influence the health of a community and population health problems. (PO2)
Visit the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s MyEnvironment site at http://www.epa.gov/myenvironment (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., and enter your city and state, ZIP code, or location into the location box.
MY CITY – SAN BRUNO
ZIP CODE 94066
Choose one of the topic areas.
- My Health
- My Climate
- My Air
- My Water
Then, click on the boxes under the Map Contents menu to add data into the map on specific topics. Explore the site to learn more about your environment and things that might be impacting the health of its citizens.
- Identify something new you learned about your environment and how it could be affecting health by completing this statement, “I didn’t know _____.”
- How could you, in the role of a community health nurse, address these concerns?
Optional: For more environmental health information, you can also visit the following resources.
- Environmental health tracking: https://ephtracking.cdc.gov/InfoByLocation/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Air quality: http://www.airnow.gov (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Toxic release inventory: https://www.epa.gov/toxics-release-inventory-tri-program (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Nies, M. A., & McEwen, M. (2019). Community/Public health nursing: Promoting the health of populations (7th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Saunders/Elsevier.