Approved Topic: Medical marijuana.Ethical Analysis #2: (Select a current ethical issue related to nursing, healthcare or access to nursing care from faculty-approved topics.) A. Identify the Nursing Issue/Dilemma. B. Identify the Ethical Principles or theories at issue and C. describe how they conflict. D. Identify current law and/or regulations that are or may be at issue. E. Identify an ethical theory or theorist, and propose a resolution to this dilemma, describing how this proposal is based on that theory. F. Explain how the outcome is either supported by, or may lead to changes in, the ANA Code of Ethics or the Maryland Nurse Practice Act. E. Describe how your proposed resolution promotes ethical justice. See the separate Grading Rubric for the PPT.
Grading rubric(100 %)
1. Paper is between 4 to 5 pages (Reference page not included). Able to take a position on an issue and defend with theories, ethical principles, and references
2. Answers all identified content area for the paper: 1.Identify ethical principles and theories. 2. Describe the conflict. 3. Identify current laws and regulations 4. Identify an ethical theory or theorist, and propose a resolution to this dilemma, describing how this proposal is based on that theory. 5. Describe how your proposed resolution promotes ethical justice & how is it currently handled.
3.Paper aligns with PPT on the dilemma and principal
4.Topic approved by faculty
5. Demonstrates understanding of the content and applies it in the paper
6. Demonstrated APA format appropriately
7. Demonstrate citation use correctly
8. Three or more supporting references less than 6 years old as evidence citations used in the discussion. Demonstrates correct reference use.
9.Plagiarism less than 15 percent
Introduction and Conclusion
Contributes valuable information and uses examples.
Demonstrate clear analysis and synthesis of content.
Paper is clear, organized and free of grammatical errors. Clearly presents the problem and the solution logically
11. Applies APA. Applies proper grammar and spelling.
12. Paper submitted by 12 midnight deadline.