Using the same theory (ROYS)as the previous assignments complete an evaluation using the questions below as subheadings. Use narrative writing, follow APA writing guidelines, and include acknowledgement of sources. You must have a title page and reference page.
You must determine after each question if the answer was a strength or weakness of the theory.
The evaluation outline is adapted from the Synthesized Method for Theory Evaluation, McEwen & Wills (2014), p.108. You may not change the template, except to enlarge the space for your responses. Do not answer with “yes” or “no” responses.
Support your responses with a minimum of 3 (three) references. You may use the course textbook as one of your references, as applicable.
Part III: Theory Evaluation
● Is the theory congruent with current nursing standards?
● Is the theory congruent with current nursing interventions or therapeutics?
● Has the theory been tested empirically? Is it supported by research? Does it appear to be accurate/valid? Explain.
● Is there evidence that the theory has been used by nursing educators, nursing researchers, or nursing administrators? Provide examples.
● Is the theory relevant socially and cross-culturally? Explain.
● Does the theory contribute to the discipline of nursing? In what way/s?
● Summary: What is your “take away” from this review? Evaluation