The Case Study Approach and Problem ScopingNow that you know a little more about creative problem solving and the importance of health literacy, you will take the next step to approaching a problem by
The Case Study Approach and Problem Scoping
Now that you know a little more about creative problem solving and the importance of health literacy, you will take the next step to approaching a problem by completing the initial phase of Creative Problem Solving: Problem Scoping. This process establishes clear requirements for creating a viable final solution. It often is initiated by the identification of a need or issue. This part of the problem-solving process focuses on the issue/need by gathering and analyzing information. In other words, you will clearly define what needs to be done prior to creating an effective solution.
This SLP will help you practice your problem-scoping skills by completing a clear, focused Problem Scoping Document. This will provide a clear problem definition and target for solution development.
Problem Scoping Assignment Instructions:
As you complete the problem-scoping phase, your proposed document will include the following information:
- Develop a problem statement.
- Determine any potential constraints.
- Determine the criteria.
- Identify the stakeholders.
- Develop a procedure for gathering data prior to decision making.
Be sure to thoroughly complete and submit the Problem Scoping Document Template.
Select a public health issue from the CDC website that you reviewed for Module 3 at http://www.cdc.gov/features/datastatistics.html and incorporate the information found there into a Problem Scoping document by following these steps:
- Determine what questions you would ask yourself:
- Scope of the problem—Part of the Problem Statement.
- When and where the problem occurs—Part of the Problem Statement.
- Impact—Part of the Problem Statement.
- Identify two criteria related to the problem statement that you created.
- Who is directly involved with the problem? Stakeholders?
- Determine how you would gather data important to educating the public on this issue.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Address each step above in the Problem Scoping Word document template.